Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I am a gas guzzler!

I am a gas guzzler, and a procrastinator, this "friday" confession is being posted on a tuesday because of my relentless procrastination! I am sorry! I am sure that my semi-green friends will forgive me!

So this, I mean, last week I went to work at 6am... I sent the kids off to school... and drove all the way back home for my break. Then at 2 pm drove all the way back to work... worked and drove all the way back home again. It's not that I live that far away from work... but far enough to put use quite a bit of gas. Also, I don't drive a fuel efficient car either! I drive a Honda Element to and from work equaling 26 miles.... so last week doing this 3 times added an extra 78 miles on my car... causing, not just wear on tear on it, but also the environment! I'd like to say that i drove nice and slow, conserving gas mileage, but i did not.... I WANTED TO GET HOME AND GET HOME QUICK!! Well.... this has cost me... not only the extra gas money, but also the hefty ticket I got on Friday!

Needless to say I am driving slower, conserving my gas. I am also finding things to do near work that won't involve long drives.

No comments: