Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bob's Red Mill

Before I get to my favorite food themed post this week, i'm going to show off my organized (and moth/worm free!) pantry. It's just so neat and tidy that I couldn't help but take a picture of it...quick, before Bix comes looking for a snack!


So on the second from the bottom shelf, you'll notice (in air tight containers) my favorite brand of grains, Bob's Red Mill. Bob's Red Mill makes "whole grain foods for every meal of the day." Don't you just love the idea of eating whole foods for every meal? I really try to do this and this company makes just what I need to incorporate whole foods into our diet. I am a huge fan of steel cut oats (yes, Nicci, it's on my list of top cereals!) and now little Leo is becoming a fan of them too. Guess what...Bob's Red Mill makes them! Oh, by the way, i'm not getting paid for product promotion....hmm,, I wish I were though....Anyway, what I really love are the selection of gluten-free flours, mixes, etc that are now available. Back in the day, when I was a young-in', I led an allergic life. My nutritionist had me on a restricted diet of soy, meat and veggies. I drank soy milk before it was the cool thing to put in a latte. My soy milk was downed in the school office, during recess, with a handful of vitamins...but that's another story for another time...(you sure are curious though, aren't you?) About a year and a half ago, I was gluten free for a few months, and Bob's Red Mill got me through that with things like Garbanzo Bean Flour, Quinoa Flour and Sorghum Flour. I'm not gluten free now and so I can make use of a fascinating array of other flours. I am fortunate to have a Wegmans nearby...if you are not on the East Coast and have never been to a Wegmans, I truly feel for you...Wegman's stocks almost the entire line of Bob's Red Mill....no online ordering for this foodie! Speaking of Wegmans...did you ever notice the Wegmans brand groceries on top of the refrigerator in the breakroom on The Office? Now there's a bit of trivia for you! So there you have it, my fabulous food find for the week. Enjoy!

No comments: